Hometown Holidays & Annual City Hall Tree Lighting | Redwood City
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Courthouse Square | 2200 Broadway, Redwood City, CA
Get in the holiday spirit and join the festivities as Redwood City’s Downtown Business Group throws Hometown Holidays, a party to celebrate the holiday season, rain or shine. Guests can enjoy a parade, live entertainment, carnival rides, snow, Santa Claus photos and more. This free family-friendly event takes place December 2nd starting at 10 a.m. on Courthouse Square.
- Crafts Fair & Children’s Carnival from 10am to 8pm
- Parade at 4:30pm
- Tree Lighting 5:45pm
- Holiday Train Arrives 6:15pm
- SOJ Big Band performs Holiday Music 7:00pm
This free family celebration features:
- Traditional children’s holiday parade
- Free admission to the San Mateo County History Museum
- An incredible, kid-pleasing snow play area
- Live music on two stages featuring SOJ Big Band
- Santa Claus Photos in the History Museum
- Carnival Rides – for a fee
- Food and Craft Vendors – for a fee
- Annual City Hall Tree Lighting at 5:45 p.m. at Hamilton & Broadway
- Caltrain’s Holiday Train toy collection train, arrives at Redwood City’s Sequoia Station train platform at approximately 6:10pm. Glowing with thousands of lights and holiday decorations, the Holiday Train makes 20-minute station stops, where Santa, Mrs. Claus, Frosty and the gang get off the train to greet children and spread holiday cheer. Bring the family to join in the fun, along with a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Holiday Train Toy Drive.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Holidays, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities