Home » *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Online
Art + Health + Innovation: Conversations in Improving Quality of Care
Submitted by the Event Organizer
September marks Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Kids & Art is a nonprofit organization that provides art workshops to children with cancer and their care circles to improve their well-being during treatment, as survivors, and in bereavement.
Kids & Art is hosting a virtual summit around ART + HEALTH + INNOVATION: Conversations in Improving Quality of Care, taking place on September 23 – 26.
Each day will include sessions from innovators within the arts and health sectors, including the following:
- Chip Conley, Airbnb Strategic Advisor for Hospitality & Leadership + Modern Elder Academy Founder
- David Hornik, General Partner at August Capital
- Karan Parikh, Founder of GreenRain – Immersive experiences with virtual reality
- Lisa Solomon, author of “A Field Guide to Color“ to lead a color meditation.
- Special virtual art tours from the De Young Museum (working on the latest Frida Kahlo: Appearances Can Be Deceiving show!) and Stanford Children’s Hospital
An online art auction, featuring works by Helice Wen, Jen Kindell, Harumo Sato, Victoria Veedell, Bianca Levan, and many more, will be held in addition to the virtual summit. Proceeds help fund free art workshops at UCSF Benioff and Stanford Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital as well as our destination workshops and other programs. See event link for details of 25+ speakers, 3 workshops, and more!
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Registration required, donation is encouraged.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops