1st Annual Bay Area Korean “Chuseok” Harvest Festival | Presidio
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Presidio Civil War Parade Grounds | 34 Graham Street San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Celebrate, showcase and promote Korean “Thanksgiving” culture, cuisine, arts, and the Bay Area’s Korean American businesses and people.
There will be family-friendly activities including traditional Korean games, kimchi and rice cake making, etc. Food trucks and booths offering traditional and fusion Korean cuisine will also be on site.
- Performers: Ong traditional dance, Urisawa fan and percussion dance, K-pop kids, Eclipse, William Kim’s Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido with Master Jino Kang, Senior choir from KCI, traditional drum dance by Ilhyun Kim of St Michael’s Korean School and featuring Hip Hop artist Hee Sun Lee and singer David Tauler
- Food: Seoulful Korean Fried Chicken, Jojo’s Mojo, Yummi BBQ, Banh Mi Zon, Kurotawa Ramen, Phatthaisf, Mozzaria, Bombzies BBQ, Mama Cho’s, E&M Deli & Catering, Ruru Kitchen, Gio Gelati
- Community Organizations: KCI/IIC/Chuseok 2020, Korean American Community Fund, Korean Community Center East Bay, Asian Women’s Shelter, Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach, Asian Health Services, Social Security Administration, Oakland Asian Cultural Center, Asian American Donor Program, Asian Pacific American Leadership Foundation, 24hr KPOP channel, Paris Baguette and K-Food and Kimchi Festival
- Makers booths: See Kim jewelry, Bon Bon Bandeaux apparel, Aplat culinary accessories, Yuriyasa yoga apparel, Yerrie Cho artist, SayWeee food delivery, Eddie H Ahn comics, Paula’s Art Studio kids’ hanboks and Jee’s Kimchi Korean food delivery
- Activities: tug-of-war, crackers on a string, kite making, arrow toss, takeuki pin wheel and water lily lantern crafts, Jegichagi, Ttaki-chigi, Yut-nori, face tattoos, coloring contest and traditional hanbok photo booth and Julgu – rice cake pounding
Partners include the Korean Center, Inc. and the Korean Consulate General of San Francisco.