Lunar New Year Festival & Marketplace at The Crossing (SoMa)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The Crossing at East Cut | 200 Folsom St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On January 30th, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., ring in the Lunar New Year at The Crossing’s first annual Lunar New Year Festival and Marketplace, located at the former Temporary Transbay Transit Terminal in East Cut. Sponsored by The East Cut Community Benefit District (East Cut CBD), the event will feature performances from Chinese Lion Dancers, a cooking demo from The Food Network’s Chopped Champion, San Francisco native, and renowned chef, Kathy Fang, a showcase of authentic Chinese products from Chef George Chen’s Chinatown establishment, China Live and a variety of food options from local restaurants, including Little Green Cyclo, Fang Restaurant, and House of Nanking. Miss Asian Global and court will also be in attendance, joining guests in ringing in the Lunar New Year.
• 11:00 a.m. – Marketplace opens
• 12:30 p.m. – Lion Dancers perform
• 1:30 p.m. – Chef Kathy Fang Demo
• Live DJ entertainment
• Authentic Chinese products available for purchase from China Live’s Marketplace
• Lunar New Year bites available for purchase from Little Green Cyclo, Fang Restaurant and House of Nanking