MAPP: Art & Performance Crawl “Jardín Secreto” | Mission Dist.
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The Mission District | Mission St. and 20th St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Saturday, October 5, 2019
MAPP: Art & Performance Crawl | Mission Dist.
Jardín Secreto (on Harrison between 23rd&24th)
Curators: Suavecito, Xofia, Esteban
- 6:00 – Doors open
- 6:15-6:30 Blessing
- 6:30-6:45 Arturo Méndez (música)
- 6:50-7:00 Miguel Vélez (poetry from Puebla)
- 7:00-7:25 Sofía Besosa (singer songwriter)
- 7:30-7:45 Huitzil (hip hop, spoken word, Fuego)
- 7:50-8:00 Andreina “Remembrance of a Memory”(dance performance)
- 8:05-8:20 Mazin Jamal (Holistic Music)
- 8:30-9:00 Mónica María (singer song writer)
MAPP is a familia, a community and a series of arts, music and activist events that has been taking place in the Mission for over 14 years. MAPP is always the first Saturday of the month every two months. MAPP is always free. Mapp will be encompassing over 14 venues as well as public spaces, street corners, bart stations, cafes, bars, taquerias, homes all over La Mission. The event features taking common spaces and for one orchestrated beautifully chaotic evening, transforming them into whatever we want: including free live music, Spoken word, Performance art, Film screenings, BBQ’s, garage sales, unorthodox conversations and happenings.
MAPP is dedicated to cultivating, building and defending the culture, history, character and community in the Mission District.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, San Francisco, Walks & Tours