47th Annual Muir Beach Firemen’s BBQ | Mt. Tam
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Santos Meadow (Mt. Tam) | Santos Meadow, Mill Valley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The 47th Annual Muir Beach Volunteer Firemen’s Barbecue Fundraiser is a fun event for the whole family with delicious food, activities for the kids, and dancing to live music by local favorites Andre Pessis and his All-Stars and opening band Soul Ska.
An annual Memorial Day Weekend tradition in Marin, the event this year takes place on Sunday, May 26, from noon to 5 pm at Santos Meadows on Frank Valley Road. Just follow the signs from Muir Beach or Muir Woods.
The Firemen’s Barbecue is a festive gathering and fundraiser for the Muir Beach Volunteer Fire Department. Some of Marin and the Bay Area’s best musicians will rock the stage while Muir Beach firefighters and community members tend to smoky grills. Sought after raffle prizes are offered and, for the kids, there is a special play zone with climbing walls and bounce houses.
Barbecue chicken and vegetarian tamale lunches, hand made desserts, plus sodas, beer and wine will be available for purchase, as are clothing and other items featuring the famous Muir Beach Volunteer Fire Department iconic dog logo. The day’s activities end with a raffle for prizes that include fantastic accommodations, and gift certificates from popular Bay Area and beyond restaurants and attractions.
Parking is $20 per vehicle; carpooling is encouraged.
Directions to Santos Meadow in Muir Beach From San Francisco: Take Golden Gate Bridge and Highway 101 North. From East Bay: Take Richmond Bridge and Highway 101 South. From North: Take Highway 101 South To Santos Meadow Distances are measured from the first traffic light after exiting 101 from North or South (Fireside Motel on left)
- Exit Highway 101 at Stinson Beach Hwy 1 exit. Follow signs to Hwy 1 North.
- At first traffic light, proceed on Hwy 1 North (Shoreline Highway) towards Stinson Beach.
- At mile 0.5 (Arco Station on the left) turn left at traffic light (Tamalpais Junction). Continue on Hwy 1
- North, Shoreline Hwy, towards Stinson Beach and Mt. Tamalpais.
- At mile 3.1, stay left on Hwy 1 towards Muir Beach
- At mile 6 go straight onto Frank Valley road / Muir Woods Rd. (Hwy 1 goes left)
- At mile 6.6, turn left at Santos Meadow/Frank Valley Horse Camp