Mummy Film Festival | de Young Museum
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
A special mummy film festival for all ages will take place in the Koret Auditorium of the de Young from noon to 5 pm on February 20th and 21st screening a mix of light-hearted and serious mummy classics such as:
- The Mummy (1932),
- Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955),
- King Tutankhamun: The Mystery Unsealed (2006),
- The Mummy: Hollywood’s Golden Age (2000) and
- Scooby-Doo in Where’s My Mummy? (2005).
And what mummy festival would be complete without the Three Stooges classic, We Want Our Mummy? It too will be screened that weekend. All films are free and open to the public.
Other Activities at Free King Tut Weekend. The de Young museum is free and open all weekend will be filled with free activities during Target Tut Free Weekend with belly and sword dancers and tarot card and fortune tellers. Visiting the King Tut exhibit required timed tickets which are available for free at the box office.
- 9:30 am–5 pm Hands-on art making for all ages in Piazzoni Murals Room
- 11:30 am–3 pm Fortune Teller and Tarot Reader in Wilsey Court
- 11 am–5 pm Dj spinning Arabic and Egyptian beats in Wilsey Court
- 11 am–5 pm Mummy Movie Festival in Koret Auditorium
- noon – 5 pm Sword dancers and belly dancers roving throughout the ground floor
Tags: Film, Free, Golden Gate Park, Movie, Museum
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Kids & Families, Movies, San Francisco, Theater & Performance