Home » **Annual Event**, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, South Bay
40th Annual Musical Saw Festival: Jam & Potluck | Santa Cruz
The 40th Annual Musical Saw Festival will have continuous “cutting edge” music (ha ha), a potluck, a “Saw Off” contest, a Chorus of the Saws, and even a free workshop for those who want to learn to saw (musically, of course), in Felton, CA, located just above Santa Cruz in the mountains.
The festival features individual saw players as well as bands which include musical saws, guitars, mandolins, fiddles, accordion, bass, etc. You’ll hear a wide range of music: Old-timey, Bluegrass, Classical, Blues, and Folk.
2017 Musical Saw Festival
August 12-13, 2017
Santa Cruz and Felton, CA
- Santa Cruz – On August 12 at 2 pm, attend a free acoustic jam near the world’s only life-sized bronze statue of a saw player – in front of Bookstore Santa Cruz.
- Roaring Camp / Felton – Next comes a free potluck dinner and jam at 6:30 pm in the outer parking lot of Roaring Camp in Felton, just seven miles north of Santa Cruz.
Roaring Camp / Felton – On August 13, the big event happens when the world’s greatest saw players come out of the woodwork to join other acoustic musicians in a variety of musical performances. You’ll hear bluegrass, country, folk, gospel, blues, classical, and even show tunes throughout the day.
- 10 am: Roaring Camp Festival Contest
- 11 am: Musical Saw Contest
- 3:30 pm: Chorus of the Saws (up to 50 saw players trying to play in unison)
- 4 pm: Free Musical Saw Workshop
From beginning to end, the Saw Festival is free and fun for the whole family.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, Fairs & Festivals
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
, Live Music
, South Bay
Address: 1 Graham Hill Road, Felton, CA
Submitted by Michie