2015 NeekOn Festival: Music, Dance & Persian Flash Mob | Golden Gate Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Spreckels Temple of Music | Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco, CA
The first NeekOn Festival is a one day event to cultivate cultural awareness, and a spirit of kindness on September 26, 2015, at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park’s Music Concourse, and the De Young Museum’s Koret Auditorium.
The 2015 theme is Giving and includes artists from the Silk Road region. NeekOn aims to cultivate emotional intelligence, cultural awareness, and a spirit of giving within ourselves and others in the community using live music, dance, visual arts, workshops, leadership building activities and food from around the world.
2015 NeekOn Festival Free Event Schedule
Indoor Performances in Koret Auditorium – de Young Museum
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm – Pezhham and Diana Rowan – Free event
- 3:15 – 4:15 pm – EQ Workshops with Courtland Warren – Free event : Founder of Code Your WholePower™ & Motivational Speaker
Outdoor Performances in Bandshell – Music Concourse Drive – FREE
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm Welcome Message
- 12:45 – 1:00 Dance: – Mahali Dance Flash Mob (Persian Folklore) by Niosha, Beshkan, and Afsaneh Dance Academies
- 1:00 – 1:45 Hoss Zare – Hosting a Cooking Demonstration & Contest
- 1:45 – 2:00 Dance: Ballet Afsaneh – Persian classical/ contemporary
- 2:15 – 3:00 Rana Mansour and Karmandan – Musical Performance
- 3:00 – 3:30 Dance: – La Tania Baile Flamenco School & Company with special guest soloist Melissa Cruz
- 4:00 – 4:45 To be Announced
- 5:00 – 5:30 Fogo Na Roupa –Drum and Dance Performance
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Dance, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance