Cosmic NightLife | California Academy of Sciences
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
California Academy of Sciences | 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Cosmic NightLife | “NightLife” at California Academy of Sciences | Thursdays
To infinity and beyond! To honor the 53rd anniversary of the first man in space Yuri Gagarin, NightLife opens its doors and minds to the next frontier in planetary exploration.
- Meet and mingle with the asteroid hunters from the B612 Foundation and otherworldly researchers from the Mars Society, Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology, NASA’s Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute, and Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory.
- Jump aboard the USS Loma Prieta for a live, computer-powered space ship simulation by the San Francisco Star Trek Group (spacecraft operating experience not required).
- In the planetarium, view special screenings of Back To The Moon For Good, a Google Lunar XPRIZE fulldome show that chronicles the global competition to reach the Moon and push the boundaries of lunar exploration.
- With a special live performance by Bowie cover cult band The First Church of the Sacred Silversexual, plus NVO DJs Dudhaus & Mista Jones
- Plus, check out Curiosity on Mars, a live program in Hohfeld Hall that will bring you up to speed on all the Curiosity Rover has been up to on the Red Planet.
Note: The 4-story Rainforest exhibit closes at 7:45pm and planetarium passes are distributed to visitors on a first-come first-served basis. Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.