“Nightlife on Mars” Underground Comedy Night | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Murphy’s Pub | 217 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Submitted by the Event Organizer
CANCELED: “Nightlife on Mars” Comedy Night | SF
Nightlife on Mars is a weekly comedy show at Murphy’s Pub, produced by local comics Joe Nguyen, Red Scott, and Natasha Muse.
The three members of Nightlife on Mars are the triptych that represents the spiritual base of the San Francisco comedy scene. Between them, they’ve performed with comic talents ranging from Robin Williams to Wyatt Cenac, and have been featured by the SF Weekly, The Daily Mail, and KALW.
Nightife on Mars Stand-Up Comedy
Most Saturdays | 8 pm to 9:30 pm
– Schedule may vary, so check their website before you head out
Murphy’s Pub, 217 Kearny @ Sutter, SF (Financial Dist.)
FREE with secret code CHEAPBASTARD (limited tickets only) otherwise it’s $10.
The show takes place in a private room in Murphy’s Pub.
Updated 5/28/19 – Event info last checked via website
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Stroy Moyd | CANCELED: “Nightlife on Mars” Comedy Night | SF
Guests for our 3/20 show include:
- Stroy Moyd – Stroy Moyd is a 25 year old comedian from Oakland, CA. He recently featured for Hannibal Buress at the SF Punchline, is a 3 time winner of the Fresh Faces Comedy Competition at the LaughFactory in Hollywood, CA and can be seen at the SF SketchFest in 2013. Stroy runs an independent comedy production company called #HellaFunny where he and fellow comedy comrades produce live comedy shows around the Bay Area. His style of comedy can be described as eccentric, assumption shattering mixed with a hint of storytelling
- Pete Munoz – The San Jose born and raised Pete Munoz is a very hard working, fun to watch South Bay comic. Hitting mics 7 nights a week Pete brings a talented show to the San Jose Improv. His witty riffing and improv style will keep you on the edge of your seat as Pete is a young comic willing to do what he has to get the laugh you want.
- David Studebaker – Comedian and Bay Area native David Studebaker was named “One of the 10 Best Comedians to Watch in 2013” by SF Weekly, he’s also won or been a finalist in 5 stand up competitions and is a regular at every comedy club in the Bay Area. He’s been featured on Newstalk 910, 107.7 The Bone, KSRO 1350, KOFY TV, SF Sketchfest and was a “critics choice” in the North Bay Bohemian.
- Anita Drieseberg – A self-proclaimed “Spinster”, Anita has been blessed with a crazy german mother – the source of her best material! A favorite at the SF Punchline and Cobbs Comedy Club, Anita has performed at The Comedy Store in LA and appears regularly in Toronto at Absolute Comedy Club and The Rivoli. She is the creator of the online animated series “Heckville” and the Facebook comic “SanFranita is…” Her humorous animated shorts have won international prizes.
- Tom Smith – Tom Smith is a twelve-year veteran of the stage and has performed stand-up comedy in diverse venues across North America and Ireland. Sharing the stage with such diverse acts as Jackie Kashian, Dean Edwards, Johnny Steele, Joe Klocek and Will Durst. His comedy is intelligent, challenging and accessible at the same time.
Guest host for the evening, Loren Kraut – Loren co-wrote two one-woman shows, and stage-managed many Off- and Off-off Broadway plays. She wrote, directed and produced her play Time, You Thief at The Gill Theatre in SF. She performed excerpts from her own solo show, Further Out Than You Thought, at The Marsh in SF in 2011 & 2013. Loren was a finalist in the Battle of the Bay Comedy Competition 2007 and 2009. She won “Funniest Person in Downtown Berkeley” at Marga’s Funny Mondays at the Berkeley Marsh in 2011. SF Sketchfest 2013. She produced & co-hosted “Life with Laughter” a monthly variety showcase.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: Comedy, San Francisco