Virtual NightLife at Cal Academy of Sciences
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
NightLife is back with another at-home delivery. Tune into the next session of NightLife & Friends, an experimental online event that brings science, art, & music to you.
Here’s how to attend: Fix yourself a “quarantini,” ping your friends for some simultaneous event-experiencing, and log-on for this experimental showcase, streaming live on YouTube
During this version of a virtual happy hour, we’re inviting some new friends to join:
- Poet & activist Tongo Eisen-Martin performs a short set of work
- Steinhart Aquarium curator Vikki McCloskey provides an update on Claude, everybody’s favorite ‘gator.
- Learn some basic salsa moves for your living room dance floor with Rueda Con Ritmo.
- A-1, one of the most beloved hip-hop artists of the Bay Area, performs a few of his favorite songs.
- Larisa Minerva of Bewilder Floral leads a simple, meditative flower workshop. Suggested demo materials: a cereal bowl, scotch tape, 3-5 clippings of greenery from your yard or foraged, 1-2 bunches of flowers from the farmers market or grocery store.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Lectures & Workshops, Online