North Coast Adventure: Hike, Tide Pools, & Oyster Picking | Bodega Bay
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Shell Beach | Sonoma Coast State Park, Bodega Bay, CA 94923
Submitted by the Event Organizer
This is an all day adventure on the North Coast (Bodega Bay). Wear good hiking shoes and layers, hat and sunscreen. Bring water and snacks to share. Optionally, bring wine and/or condiments for oysters. Bring cash for the organizer’s fee, carpool share, and optionally brunch, oysters and/or dinner.
- 11 am – meet at Bagel Street Cafe in San Rafael, CA for brunch (optional) and to figure out carpool
- 12 pm – head up to Shell Beach, Bodega Bay (not the Shell Beach in Inverness). Optional: short stop to pickup oysters from shell beach the Bodega Bay Oyster Company
- 1:30 pm – walk on the beach, explore the tide pools and/or pick mussels* (optional)
- 2:45 pm – start our hike, 4.6 miles (about 2 hrs.), elevation 800 ft
- 5 pm – pour some wine, shuck some oysters and watch the sunset
- 5:45 pm – start heading back to San Rafael. Optionally: stop at Valley Ford for dinner (and wait out any traffic)
*Additional rules and regulation are required to pick mussels
Please check the comments on the event page for any last minute changes. Rain = cancel.