Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Block Party, East Bay, Free Museum Day, Recurring Event, Theater & Performance
Oakland Art Murmur | First Fridays Art Walk
Every 1st Friday
Over 30 Oakland Art Murmur affiliate venues have coordinated openings on the first Friday of every month. Oakland Art Murmur presents a free monthly evening art walk, known as the ‘Art Murmur’,
Every first Friday of the month, affiliate venues are open to the public from 6-9 pm. Additionally Telegraph above Grand and below 27th is closed to car traffic, and craft, art, and food vendors are set up along this corridor as part of Oakland First Fridays.
Oakland Art Murmur
Every First Friday | 6-9 pm – Rain or Shine
All Over Oakland – with most around the Broadway/Telegraph cooridor
Participating Venues | Exhibitions & Special Events
- Arts venues are collectively open from 6-9pm
- For special events & openings, see the list below
- Oakland Art Murmur Map PDF
- Parking, public transportation and gallery hours info available at Visit Oakland Art Murmur
- The street festival in Uptown — along Telegraph Ave, between Grand + 27th — is organized by Oakland First Fridays (a city, CBD, and community volunteer-run partnership). While the street festival may be cancelled due to rain, the galleries shall remain open for first Friday festivities.
Other Art Murmur Events
Saturday Stroll – Most OAM visual arts presenters also participate in the weekly Saturday Stroll, when visual arts spaces are open every Saturday from 1–5pm. This is a self-guided activity where many galleries host free cultural programs such as receptions, artist talks, lectures, musical performances, and literary readings on Saturdays.
Updated 8/18/19 – Event info last checked via website
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Block Party
, East Bay
, Free Museum Day
, Recurring Event
, Theater & Performance
Address: Grand and Broadway, Oakland, CA