Oakland Art Murmur is a group of nearly 30 galleries in Oakland that have coordinated openings on the first Friday of every month. Oakland Art Murmur presents a free monthly evening art walk, known as the ‘Art Murmur’,
Every first Friday of the month, member galleries are open to the public from 6-9 pm. Additionally Telegraph above Grand and below 27th is closed to car traffic, and craft, art, and food vendors are set up along this corridor as part of Oakland First Fridays.
Every First Friday | 6-9pm – Rain or Shine
All Over Oakland – with most around the Broadway/Telegraph cooridor
Participating Venues | Current Exhibitions | Special Events & Openings
- Arts venues are collectively open from 6-9pm
- For special events & openings, see the list below
- Oakland Art Murmur Map PDF
- Parking, public transportation and gallery hours info available at Visit Oakland Art Murmur
- The street festival in Uptown — along Telegraph Ave, between Grand + 27th — is organized by Oakland First Fridays (a city, CBD, and community volunteer-run partnership). While the street festival may be cancelled due to rain, the galleries shall remain open for first Friday festivities.
Other Art Murmur Events
Saturday Stroll – Most OAM visual arts presenters also participate in the weekly Saturday Stroll, when visual arts spaces are open every Saturday from 1–5pm. This is a self-guided activity where many galleries host free cultural programs such as receptions, artist talks, lectures, musical performances, and literary readings on Saturdays.
Guided Walking Tour – Every third Saturday of the month OAM offers a free Guided Walking Tour, when a gallery director or other prominent member of the Oakland art community takes visitors to 3-5 galleries for presentations from curators or artists about their current shows. Tours are themed and take place from 2–4pm.
– Updated 1/1/19 – Event info last checked via website