The Park Street Spring Festival is a Mother’s Day tradition that takes place in Alameda every year during the second weekend in May.
Downtown Alameda Spring Festival
May 12-13, 2018 | 10 am to 6 pm
Park Street, Alameda (btwn Lincon and Encinal)
There will be lots of arts & crafts vendors, continuous live music on three stages, a kids’ area, mouth-watering festival food, and local craft beer & wine that can be purchased before strolling the street.
With over 150 street vendors and 50 charming shops, Downtown Alameda’s street fair is a perfect place to find a gift for Mom or you can treat her to a mimosa and lunch at one of the downtown restaurants during the celebration.
Arts & Crafts – Stroll among 150 arts and craft booths with items ranging from ceramics and metal art to paintings, photography, wood crafts, toys, handbags, clothing, jewelry, and more.
Live Entertainment – Each day offers continuous live entertainment on three stages with talented musicians performing classic rock, bluegrass, fusion jazz, funk, and other favorites. New for 2018, a third stage has been added. (2018 Bands)
Alameda Alley – An expanded area on Central Avenue will be bulging at the seams with an enlarged outdoor dining area and local talent on their new third stage sponsored by Habanas Cuban Cuisine.
Kids’ Zone – A special area for kids and their families on Alameda Avenue features bounce houses, face painting, bungee jumping, climbing wall, and a train ride. Back again this year, WaterBallerz Kids and adults alike will also have fun watching puppet shows and listening to musical performances.
Festival Food – Satisfy your taste buds with a festival food favorites such as Lockeford Sausage, corn dogs, fried calamari, BBQ oysters, beef skewers, curly fries, funnel cakes, and more. Premium vinegar and gourmet fudge will also be available for purchase.
Craft Beer & Wine – For the 21+ crowd, quench your thirst at one of the three beverage booths serving craft beers by Alameda Island Brewing Co., premium wines by Alameda’s Rock Wall Wine Company, and bubbly mimosas.
Shop Downtown Alameda – More than 400 shops, restaurants, and services are located in Alameda’s historic downtown district. Many will be offering weekend specials during the event.
Free WiFi – All festival attendees can enjoy free, high-speed internet service throughout the event area compliments of Alameda’s own Common Networks.
Free Bike Parking – Secure bike parking will be available at Vietnam House (1527 Park Street). There couldn’t be a better way to experience the festival than before or after a pleasant ride along the charming streets of Alameda.
ATMs – ATMs Unlimited will have ATM machines in convenient locations near each of the three beer/wine/mimosa ticket booths on Park Street as well as in the new Alameda Alley area on Central Ave.
Parking and Public Transit – Public transit makes it easy and convenient to attend the Downtown Alameda Spring Festival — AC Transit provides bus transfers from Fruitvale BART. Parking is available in the Civic Center Parking Garage and on nearby streets. See how to get here.
Spring Festival Specials
Stroll through Alameda’s downtown business district to explore the wonderful variety of shops and restaurants. Many of the businesses will be offering weekend specials during the Spring Festival. Look for free drawings and giveaways at businesses throughout the downtown area.
- Bead Inspirations (1544 Park Street) Learn to make jewelry in their free intro classes offered Saturday and Sunday. Shop a selection of gorgeous glass beads from Czech republic, available for 1/2 off. Buy a pair of earrings and get a free bag of beads.
- Bonne Vie (1419 Park Street) Treat Mom with a bottle of their finest Rose´ for Mothers Day with a 15% weekend discount at Bonne Vie.
- Lola’s Chicken Shack (1417 Park Street) All Moms will get a free fountain drink with any purchase at Lola’s on Mothers’ Day.
- McGee’s (1645 Park Street) $5 Mimosas, $5 House Wines & 50% off one of your favorite appetizers all weekend.
- Modern Mouse (2223 South Shore Center) Artists, who are also moms, have curated displays of items they love. You’ll find easily shopped gifts for every age and lifestyle. Local gifts by moms, for moms.
- Nannies Plus (4681 Telegraph Ave, Oakland) Mention “Spring Festival” and receive $100 off of a Full Time Nanny Placement fee. Call 510-407-0363.
- Ozone (1431 Park Street) 10% off all custom skateboards. Buy 2, get 1 free on all clothing.
- Rise Bodyworks (1226 Park Street) Enjoy free gym access on Saturday and Sunday, including group fitness classes. (Pilates Reformer classes excluded; deal is for non-members only).
- The Hobnob (1313 Park Street) Come enjoy brunch with a fully stocked bar, all you can drink mimosas and amazing food.
- Thi Luu (1415 Braodway #16) Free application service for subsidized health insurance — If anyone in your household has not had health insurance, call 510-846-0958 to apply for Medi-Cal or premium assistance from Covered California.
- Tootsies Alameda (1350A Park Street) “Spin the Wheel” to receive discounts or free goodies with any in-store purchase. Check out our 50% off sale. Look for their ever popular Tootsies Grab Bags… all bags are $10 and have goodies worth at least 3-4 times the value.
- We Are Hair (1343 Park Street) 20% off all haircare products. They also have a beautiful array of colorful scarves for your mama or that special someone…or even for yourself.