Peace, Love & Green Fest: Live Music, Lawn Games & Living Wall | San Mateo
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Bay Meadows | 380 E 28th Ave San Mateo, CA 94403
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Mateo celebrates the one-year birthday of Bay Meadows’ Living Wall and gets a jump on Earth Day with fun stuff like moss milkshakes, electric bikes, organic bites, bubbles, lawn games and live music on Saturday, April 12, 2014.
- Let the kids create and explore in the children’s area with a cardboard village and art activities, courtesy of Scribble Me Happy
- Check out the latest in home energy software and other sustainability solutions, with a sustainable living area, sponsored by Reach and Teach
- Moss Milkshakes from Habitat Horticulture, creator of Bay Meadows’ Living Wall
- Electric bicycle demonstrations from PUBLIC bikes along with a bike giveaway
- Gardening advice from Star Apple Edible Gardens
- Win prizes over lawn games, such as table tennis and checkers
- Live music, food from local vendors and much more
Children 17 and under get in free. Visitors are encouraged to walk, bike or take Caltrain (Hillsdale stop) to the event.
Complimentary bicycle valet will be provided. Parking for your car will be available at the San Mateo Event Center off of Saratoga Road.