“More Than Pink” Breast Cancer Walk w/ Free Admission to SF Zoo
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Zoo | 1 Zoo Road, San Francisco, CA 94132
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breasts cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Komen was founded in 1982 by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life.
The Susan G. Komen Foundation is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through joining events like the More Than Pink Walk, San Francisco, you become part of a community that provides a space to share stories, remember those we’ve lost, and support those looking for the strength to move forward. Together, we can support one another and raise money to end breast cancer forever.
Learn More and Register Today at www.komen.org/sanfranciscowalk (Registration required to join the walk at the SF Zoo)
Sept. 26 | 9:30–11:30 am PDT | Rolling Check in at the San Francisco Zoo
- Check-in between 9:30–11:30 am at the Komen Entrance (Gate E near main entrance).
- The separate Komen entrance will close at 11:30 and no more Komen Guests will be allowed.
- Komen will pay the Zoo entrance fees for Registered Participants—Please register ALL walkers.
- There is NO live opening ceremony or parade of hope.
- There is NO gathering hosted by Komen–teams may setup gathering points on your own.
- There IS a suggested walk route that you can enjoy at your own pace—directional signage will be onsite.
- Event Sponsors and Komen Volunteers will be onsite until 2 pm.
- Komen Walkers are invited to enjoy the zoo as long as you like.
- Think of it as “A day at the Zoo with the Komen Community, together but apart.”
- Parking is on your own. The zoo has suggestions online here.
- Please plan to adhere to all zoo safety rules found online here.