Plogging Cleanup: Free Run & Trash Pickup | Emeryville
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
IKEA Emeryville | 4400 Shellmound St., Emeryville, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
What do you get when a bunch of Swedes, foodies, adventurers and sports lovers team up? A city-wide plog! A Swedish tradition, plogging is running and picking up litter.
Join Emeryville companies Clif Bar, Decathlon, and IKEA Emeryville to “Clean-Up to Green-Up” in partnership with Emeryville Council-member John Bauters and Save the Bay! Whether you’re plogging or “plalking,” it’ll be fun for the whole family (multiple routes available). Enjoy food, prizes and more.
- 8:30 am Start: IKEA Emeryville (4400 Shellmound St)
- 10 am-12 pm After Party: Decathlon (3938 Horton St)
** ARRIVE EARLY ** We will be handing out Plogging t-shirts for the first 100 participants!
All routes finish at Decathlon Emeryville, where you can enjoy:
- Free swag from participating companies
- Food & refreshments
- Prizes and giveaways
- Winners from the social media contest are announced – this could be you
- Learn about protecting the environment from the experts at Save the Bay
- Photo wall for fun photo ops
What to bring:
- Sturdy running shoes
- Gloves and trash bag*
- Fun running attire and your energy
* We encourage everyone to provide gloves & trash bags to avoid increased single-use plastics. We will have availability of gear upon request.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Charity & Volunteering, Eating & Drinking, Sports & Wellness