CANCELED – 2020 “Purim Octopretzel” Festival: Live Music, Costumes & Puppet Show | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
JCCSF Jewish Community Center | 3200 California St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
EVENT UPDATE Although there is no mention on Facebook yet that this event is canceled, the promoters have emailed us to let us know the event is canceled due to coronavirus concers.
Throw on your favorite costume and party at the Purim festival with the whole family. Munch on Hamantaschen cookies, create Purim-themed crafts like crowns and groggers (a traditional noisemaker), play at the tot-spot or outdoor playground, and make hygiene kits supporting people experiencing homelessness to be distributed by Lava Mae and food baskets (mishloach manot) for older adults in the community.
Stay till the end and get down with the Octopretzel Variety Show, featuring their 7-piece band and puppet show.
This program is presented in partnership with Be’chol Lashon.
11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Hamantaschen decorating party
- Bounce house obstacle course
- Let’s Be Frank Dogs
- Drum experience with Rhythmallogy
- Octopretzel has been delighting young Bay Area audiences with their colorful and inspired performances. Their show features handmade puppets, call-and-response, and at times hula-hooping Kindergartners. They have been known to inspire spontaneous kiddie mosh-pits, while still maintaining focus and interactive participation. Their songwriting presents imagery of things such as spinning tops, roly polies and whimsical imaginary creatures. From unique interpretations of traditional folk classics to fun and catchy originals, this is music that parents love and has kids asking for more. The band’s instrumentation features the mandolin, marimba, the middle-eastern tambourine (or riq), African drums, and many other unique sounds from around the world.
- JCCSF Coat Drive- Please bring in new or gently used coats and outerwear clothing, used to provide warmth for any person in need.
This event is free and advance reservations are requested.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Purim, San Francisco