Resiliency: Online Skills Development Workshop for BIPOC Artists & Writers
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
MFA@CIIS hopes to help amplify the voices & support the redistribution of resources to BIPOC artists & writers through this free workshop.
*THIS EVENT IS BIPOC ONLY, thank you! We ask for cameras on during the zoom session.*
Holding space for BIPOC artists, writers, and other creative professionals to:
- Review the central tenants of an effective personal grant-writing program to enhance your creative practice;
- How to search for a private foundation, state & local government emergency grant/loan programs;
- Identify the documents you need to apply for any or all of these opportunities including new COVID-19 Emergency Grants/Loans
- Gain tips to write a compelling needs statement and prepare strong applications;
- Develop a work plan to seek not only emergency funding but grants, residencies, shows & publications to advance your creative career after the COVID-19 crisis.
• Develop & maintain a winning mindset.
• Q & A
The first 30 minutes will be predominantly a lecture, to strengthen individual proposal writing skills. The second 30 minutes will be open Q & A, so attendees can get real-time feedback on their personal work plans and/or any grant, residency, or project opportunities they are pursuing.