San Francisco Politics 101 | IBEW Local 6
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
IBEW Local 6 | 55 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
How are progressives different from moderates in San Francisco? Why is our city council called the Board of Supervisors and what powers do they have? What can I do to resist Trump’s agenda?
The United Democratic Club is proud to present Politics 101. During this free event, they will answer all of the above questions and so much more. The presenters are intimately involved at the local, state, and federal levels of government and are ready to discuss government issues from first-hand experience.
San Francisco Politics 101
Monday, March 19, 2018 | 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
IBEW Local 6, 55 Fillmore Street, San Francisco
- A brief history of San Francisco, its politics and East/West divide.
- The difference between “moderate” and “progressive” Democrats (discover your shade of blue).
- How local government works: What is a supervisor and how do they relate to the mayor? Why are there 11 supervisor districts and which one is yours?
- How does state government work? What’s the difference between an assembly-member and a senator?
- Who represents us in Washington, D.C. and how can we be heard?
- What does the future hold for local politics and issues like housing and transportation?
- How can we fight Trump?