San Francisco’s 2023 “Kung Fu Day” w/ 17 Kung Fu Groups (Chinatown)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Chinatown (Grant Ave) | Grant Ave, from Broadway to Jackson St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Chinatown History & Culture Association, Yau Kung Moon, Lotus Tao Culture Association, and CHSA are excited to present Kung Fu Day in Chinatown, on Saturday, June 3.
The purpose of the celebration to “Kung Fu Day in Chinatown” is to organize a community event that promotes Chinatown’s small businesses, deep history, and live culture by attracting new visitors to our festive community; welcome old visitors who have not been to Chinatown for a long time; and unify the community by offering community involvement. Specifically, this event is a cultural learning experience where people can learn about the cultural significance and impact of kung fu or Chinese martial arts.
Visitors will have a chance to participate in:
- Basic kung fu lessons.
- Games and activities will be provided for children.
- Panel discussions with Kung Fu masters and teachers.
- Discussions about health and exercise benefits of practicing kung fu.
- Lessons of Filial Piety (respect of elders), self-determination, self-discipline, and community building.
- Expert discussions about the impact of kung fu in entertainment and media.
Join this FREE event in the heart of SF Chinatown!
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Outdoors, Sports & Wellness