Sex Workers Peaceful Action Against the Earn It Act
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland City Hall | 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
This Sunday night, Bay Area Workers Support is supporting Hacking/Hustling and Fight for the Future organizing a stunt to highlight the harms the EARN IT Act would bring to sex workers (essentially a SESTA/FOSTA 2.0), and call out VP nominee / Senator Kamala Harris for voting to pass the bill out of committee.
Sex workers specifically are invited to attend. This will be a peaceful action that includes projecting messages on Oakland City Hall. The goals are to generate press and take great photos to spread awareness. Please note, the goal is not to achieve a massive turnout of accomplices, but rather to amplify sex workers themselves.
Sex workers are encouraged to:
– Bring a sign highlighting how you feel about the EARN IT Act
– Livestream and photograph the action
– Post about it on social media
– Invite other sex workers to join you for the event
– Invite any reporters you may know to cover the event
– Bring non-sex worker friends with you if that is most comfortable
– Wear a mask or other face-covering if you want to be photographed without being identified
– Practice safe COVID conduct, of course!
If you are definitely attending, please reach out to BAWS at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm so that we can expect you. If you are a professional nighttime/event photographer or videographer or know one who is interested in helping out, please let Maxine know.
Categories: *Top Pick*, In Person, Political Activism, Protests / Causes