Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Christmas, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities
SF City Hall Lights Up for Christmas
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Every evening at sunset, over 220 state-of-the-art LED lighting fixtures illuminate City Hall’s exterior. Normally, a soft white glow shows off the play of light and shadow on the full façade and dome. Frequently, special plaza façade lighting schemes honor or celebrate events, seasons, and holidays.
City Hall will be lit up in green and red most nights in the lead up to Christmas and immediately afterward.
City Hall Holiday Lighting Schedule
– December 9: Red & Green – Holiday Season
– December 10: Blue – 70th Anniversary of Universal Declaration of Human Rights
– December 11 – 25: Red & Green – Holiday Season
– December 26: Red/Black/Green – 1st Night of Kwanzaa
– December 27 – 30: Red & Green – Holiday Season
– New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day: Gold – Happy New Year
The schedule is always tentative for the holiday lights and subject to change when there are special events and the building is lit in honor of those.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities
Address: 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, CA