SF’s 102nd Annual “Statuto” Race: North Beach to Embarcadero (2023)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Italian Athletic Club | 1630 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Statuto Story
Running strong for 100 years!
The Statuto Race commemorates the creation of the first Italian Constitution (Statuto Albertino) and is a running tradition in San Francisco. The first Statuto Race was held in North Beach in 1919. It has been run every year, except for a period during World War II and in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We celebrated the 100th Statuto Race in 2021 (scroll for photos). Join us in 2023 for the 102nd running of this iconic race!
A scenic route with waterfront views!
- Distance: Choose an 8K run (about 5 miles) or 2 mile walk.
- Start & Finish Location: San Francisco Italian Athletic Club (SFIAC), 1630 Stockton Street, San Francisco.
- Course: The 8K starts at the SFIAC, goes north on Stockton, turns east on North Point and crosses the Embarcadero. Runners continue south on the Embarcadero sidewalk to the turnaround point, which is at Red’s Java House @ Bryant Street. Runners return to the SFIAC using the same route. The course has a downhill at the start and uphill at the finish. The 2 mile walk follows the same course, with its turnaround point at Pier 23 instead of Bryant Street. Click here to download a course map.
All finishers receive a 102nd Statuto Race t-shirt, post-race refreshments, and goody bag featuring a salami! In addition, all registrants are eligible to win great prizes in a raffle that will take place after the awards ceremony (must be present to win). All finishers (runners and walkers) will also receive a commemorative 102nd edition medal and race guide.
The Bottomless Mimosa Brunch is back! Following the race, join us for brunch. Runners/walkers and guests welcome. $40 per adult. Kids 5-18 years are $20 per person (no charge for kids under age 5).
Trophies and medals for top finishers!
- For the 8K run, trophies will be awarded to the first overall male runner, first overall female runner, and the first SFIAC dues-paying club member.
- For the 8K run, medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place men and women in the following categories: 19 and under, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70 – 79, and 80+
- All awards will be based on chip time.