Mobile Rec features free non-traditional recreation activities including skateboarding/BMX on Fresh Park equipment (ramps, rails and manual pads), disc golf, lawn games, and sea kayaking. Equipment for these activities is transported to recreation centers, parks, playgrounds and special events all over San Francisco on Saturdays throughout the year.
Note: There will be no rock wall for the winter session.
BMX (Bicycle Motocross) is an independent sport that is accessible to anyone who can ride a bike. The sport has two distinct genres – racing and freestyle. The Mobile Recreation Unit will provide BMX bikes and set-up a variety of ramps and obstacles for you to start mastering your skills in tricks and bike handling.
Learn to skateboard or enhance your skills. RPD staff is available to help you learn ground basics such as pushing & stopping then progress to advanced skills such as nose and tail stalls, dropping in, and kick turns. The Mobile Recreation will provide some skateboards, helmets and pads, however it is encouraged to bring your own, as we have limited gear. Helmets are mandatory for all participants. Other safety gear recommended.
SF’s Mobile Rec Dates – Winter 2022
11am to 2pm
Open to kids of all ages and abilities
- January 15 – Miraloma Playground, 75 Sequoia Way
- January 22 – Helen Wills Playground, Broadway & Larkin
- January 29 – Youngblood Colement, 1398 Hudson
- February 5 – Excelsior Playground, 579 Madrid
- February 12 – Bernal Heights Rec Center, 500 Moultrie
- February 19 – Summer Resource Fair at County Fair Bldg., 1199 9th Ave., Golden Gate Park
- February 26 – Crocker Skate Park, 1640 Geneva
- March 5 – Gilman Playground, 903 Gilman