SF’s New Rooftop Park & Salesforce Transit Center Opening Block Party | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Salesforce Transit Center | Fremont and Natoma, San Francisco, CA
A free Neighborhood Block Party will be held Saturday, August 11, 2018 from noon to 4 pm featuring fun, free activities for Bay Area families including music, fitness classes, games, tours, and performances, as well as exhibits of historic and state of the art buses.
The public will be able to venture out onto the center’s Cable Stay Bridge; a once in a lifetime opportunity.
The event will also include pop-up retail shops, food trucks, and cafes.
Salesforce Transit Center & Rooftop Park Grand Opening Block Party
Saturday, August 11, 2018 | Noon to 4pm
Salesforce Transit Center, 425 Mission St., SF
FREE – RSVP on Facebook
The best entrance is the Grand Hall at 425 Mission St. at Fremont which will have escalators to take you up to the bus deck and park. Please note, the Gondola will not be open until September.
The Central Plaza is the hardscape (glass and stone floor) section in the middle of the transit center, adjacent to the Salesforce Tower Bridge.
- The easiest way to access it by elevator on the south side of 1st St.
- The easiest way to access it by escalator is from the Grand Hall. Those escalators touch down on the Bus Deck, and if the visitors walk forward to the next group of escalators, those will take them to the park.
- Visitors can also access it via the Salesforce Tower Bridge. Take the public elevators, accessed from the lobby on northeast corner of Salesforce Tower (at the corner of the Tower, closest to Salesforce Plaza and the Salesforce Transit Center).
Rooftop Park – Enjoy free music, arts & crafts, fitness classes, and more activities at the 5.4-acre urban oasis
Bus Deck – See where the buses roll out and meet transit operators at the new Salesforce Transit Center
Grand Hall – Explore the beautiful skylit interiors, browse pop-up shops for gifts, enjoy music and more.
Rooftop Park Activities | Opening Day: Saturday, August 11
- Noon – 1:00 pm | Welcome Performance by West Grand Brass Band | Main Plaza
- Noon – 1:30 pm | DJ Performance by Cold Cutz Music Club | Amphitheater Stage
- 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm | Kids Instrument “Petting Zoo” hosted by Music in Schools Today | Children’s Play Area
- 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm | Yoga Class provided by FITNESS SF | Amphitheater Main Lawn
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm | All Ages DIY Craft: Felt Pennants led by Museum of Craft and Design | Main Plaza
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm | Redwoods Talk & Touch hosted by Save the Redwoods League | Redwoods Grove (near the Gondola Landing)
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm | Zumba® Class provided by FITNESS SF | Amphitheater Stage
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm | Filipino Drumming and Dance Performance by House of Gongs | Main Plaza
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm | Kids Movement Class led by Epiphany Dance Company | Amphitheater Main Lawn
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Shakespeare Scene Sampler performed by African American Shakespeare Company | Amphitheater Main Lawn
Grand Hall Activities | Opening Day: Saturday, August 11
- Noon – 1:00pm | DJ Alex Mejia Lighting & Video Show | Ronnie Reddick’s Bay Area Dance Alliance
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm | Patton Leatha | Ronnie Reddick’s Bay Area Dance Alliance
- 2:00 pm – 2:15 pm | DJ Alex Mejia Lighting & Video Show | Bumpn Beto – Conga King
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm | Danilo y Orquesta Universal | Ronnie Reddick’s Bay Area Dance Alliance
- 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm | DJ Alex Mejia | Bumpn Beto – Conga King | Ronnie Reddick’s Bay Area Dance Alliance
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Live Music, Outdoors