SFSU Film & Workshop Day: Tech, Social Media & Health | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SFSU - Rosa Parks Rooms, Cesar Chavez Student Center, 2nd floor | 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, CA 94132
Submitted by the Event Organizer
SFSU presents a preview screening of Disconnect: A Film on Cell Phones & Cancer at a Conversation on The Effects of Technology on Personal & Public Health
A Free Community Dialogue with free lunch & drinks.
- 9:00: Check-In & Social Time & Overview
- 10:00 Disconnect – a preview film screening on the health impacts of cell phone radiation with filmmaker Kevin Kunze, (includes brief Q&A + question cards)
- 11:00: Design E2: Green design and Alternative futures.
- 11:45-12:45: Panel: Impact of Technology & Media on Personal & Public Health
- 12:45-2:00: Lunch & Discussion Groups
- 2:00-3:20: Workshops: Balanced Use of Social Media
- 3:30-3:50: Closing: Ideas & Actions (leaving the Student Center by 4pm)
- 4:00-5:15: Discussion Groups & Action Steps (HSS Building, room: 306)
Discussion will include three areas of post-modern life:
• Technological Health Risks
• Information Overwhelm & Misinformation
• Positive Uses of Technology & Media
Saturday, April 7, 9:30am – 5pm
San Francisco State University
Rosa Parks Rooms, Cesar Chavez Student Center, 2nd floor
1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, CA 94132
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Tags: Disconnect, documentary, drinks, Film, Food, Free, Movie, San Francisco, Screening, SFSU
Categories: Lectures & Workshops, Movies, San Francisco