Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Fun & Games, Outdoors
“Skate on Art”: SF’s Epic Pop-Up Roller Rink + Art Party | Final Day
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture presents actions vent ascending frequencies, a participatory art installation and roller rink experience from creative collective assume vivid astro focus (avaf).
The artist-designed outdoor roller-skating rink features performances, DJ sets, and special programming from September 13 through October 6, 2019.
Skate on Art at Fort Mason
September 13 – October 6, 2019
– Wednesday: Noon to 8:00 p.m.
– Thursday: Noon to 8:00 p.m.
– Friday: Noon to 10:00 p.m. (to coincide with Off the Grid)
– Saturday: Noon to 8:00 p.m.
– Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
– Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
Fort Mason, San Francisco
Timed Tickets Required (FREE)
Tickets are complimentary — reserve online. Skate rentals are available for $5 and can be reserved online or in person. Due to anticipated demand, visitors are encouraged to make advance reservations.
Saturday Nights DJ Lineup
DJs in Residence
- DJ JuanLove: Fridays, September 13 & 27, 2019 (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- DJ Sin Amores: Fridays, September 13, 2019 & October 4 , 2019 (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
Special Guest Artist DJs
- Cliff Hengst: Sundays, September 15 & 22, 2019 (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- DJ Jim G (Jim Granato): Friday, September 20, 2019 (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Brontez Purnell: Saturday, September 21, 2019 (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- DJ Bre-Ad: Sunday, September 22, 2019 (Noon to 3 p.m.)
- Jill Reiter: Friday, September 27, 2019 (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.); Saturday, September 28, 2019 (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.); Friday, October 4, 2019, (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.) & Saturday, October 5, 2019 (2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Whoop Dee Doo: Sunday, September 29, 2019 (Noon to 6 p.m.)
- Gina Basso: Sunday, October 6, 2019 (Noon to 3 p.m.)
avaf’s reimagined roller rink, a 21st-century social sculpture drawing on the optimism and democratic energy of disco-driven skate sites, makes its California premiere at Fort Mason. The painting-like environment blends psychedelia, color fields, and the gender-queer imagery of San Francisco’s legendary performance troupe The Cockettes to create an iconic pop-up art installation.
Local roller-skating organizations the Church of 8 Wheels and Bay Area Derby are partnering with Fort Mason to produce and operate the rink. Both organizations provide rink hosts, DJs, and special programs throughout the run of the project. The Church provides rental skates, available to visitors for $5.
*FREE but timed RSVP is required. $5 skate rentals available or bring your own skates
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Fun & Games
Address: 2 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA