BBQ-A-Newbie: Burning Man Family Reunion Picnic | Murdock Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Murdock Park | Castle Glen Ave & Wunderlich Dr, Santa Cruz, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
You’re invited to the Burner family reunion picnic and the last hoorah before they head for the desert at this South Bay and East Bay joint picnic on June 22, 2019.
Free, but an RSVP is requested.
This is a get-together is for the entire community, and they’re continuing the “Theme Camp Speed Dating” activity this year. No, it’s not about finding a hook-up hottie for the playa; the idea is to have many of the 60 South Bay Theme Camps (www.southbayburners.org/sbb-theme-camps/) talk to the newbies and match up campers with the type of playa camp that most appeals to them.
They also will host Costume Exchange (give a second life to your favorite playawear) and Camping Equipment Exchange (old coolers, outgrown tents, things you don’t use anymore because you’ve upgraded).
Schedule of Events:
- 11 am: Start of the event, Fire up the grill
- 12:pm – 12:45: Newbie-Workshop #1
- 1 pm – 2 pm: Theme-Camp Speed-dating
- 2:30 pm -3:15 pm: Newbie-Workshop #2
- 3:30 pm: Close of event (cleanup/Leave No Trace)
What To Bring:
- Something to grill or feed 3-4 people
- Loved-it-but-over-it playawear for the Costume Exchange
- Gently used camping equipment for the Equipment Exchange
- Info about your Theme Camp to share with the newbies