Spooky Halloween Witch Paddle on the Bay (Half Moon Bay)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Princeton Harbor | 2 Johnson Pier, Half Moon Bay, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Time to get spooky. Come join SUP Bay Area for a Halloween Witch Paddle in Half Moon Bay’s Princeton Harbor on Sunday, October 30, 2022. SUP and kayaks welcome. Wear your best witch or warlock costume (or if that’s not your thing, a Halloween costume, but be sure you can swim in it in case you accidentally go overboard).
- Arrive no later than 10:00 AM to set up. We paddle at 10:30 AM
- The paddle will be within the harbor breakwaters (there are two – an inner and outer breakwater). Beginners can stay within the inside breakwater, others can go further and paddle within the outer breakwater. The group will NOT be going out into the open ocean. Only advanced and experienced paddlers can venture out of the breakwaters and into the open ocean and do so on their own and at their own risk.
- Water within the breakwater is typically protected, calm and flat unless there are really high winds or poor weather in which case, the event may be canceled.
- There’s lots to see, especially in the outer breakwater – harbor seals, sea lions, lots of different seabirds, possibly jellyfish and jumping salmon (just a reminder, per federal regulations, please keep 50 yards or 150 ft distance from the seals on the float).Location Info
- Find the paddle location by inputting Half Moon Bay Kayak (2 Johnson Pier, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019) into your navigation app as your destination and park in the parking lot nearby, but know that HMB Kayak is NOT associated/affiliated or sponsoring this event.
- The launch will be at the public beach next to Half Moon Bay Kayak
- Parking is free
- Public restrooms are nearby
- Lots of great restaurants close by for eating before or afterward
- There is a heavy harbor patrol presence (and Coast Guard to a lesser extent) so make sure that if you aren’t wearing your PFD, you at least have your PFD on your board in order to avoid getting a ticket. Per Coast Guard regs, anyone under the age of 13 is required to wear a PFD.
- The buddy system is encouraged for safety so bring a friend
- The event may be canceled for bad weather or high winds.
- There is an inherent risk of personal injury while paddling. The organizer assumes no responsibility for your safety while you are with the group. This is an informal event for like-minded people to get together and share a passion for paddling. Everyone acts as a safety paddler and will respond to help a fellow paddler in distress to the level they are able. You are responsible for your own safety and by voluntarily participating in this event, you fully agree with these statements and release any and all organizers from any claims or legal liability
Categories: *Top Pick*, Halloween, In Person, Outdoors