Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Live Music, Monthly Top 10 Preview - October, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Top Annual Events
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2019: Lineup + New Rules | October 4-6
Submitted by the Event Organizer
2019 brings San Francisco the 19th annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival, one of the largest, free-est and beloved music festivals in the country. Be one of over 750,000 attendees over the three-day musical extravaganza in beautiful Golden Gate Park.
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2019
Three days, seven stages, over 90 artists
Friday-Sunday, Oct. 4-6, 2019
– The meadows open at 9 am each day.
Hellman Hollow, Lindley & Marx meadows in Golden Gate Park
Important Security Updates for 2019
No Coolers / Clear Bag Policy
Please note for 2019 there are new security restrictions and a clear-bag policy – You can no longer bring in coolers or large bags. Any bags/backpacks must be clear plastic, measuring less than 16”x16”x8”.
- OK – Clear bags smaller than 16”x16”x8”
- OK – Fanny packs and purses smaller than 6”x8”x3”
- OK – 2.5L or smaller hydration bladders/packs, and refillable water bottles
- NO large bags or coolers
- Blankets and short backed chairs (seats no more than 9” from the ground) are allowed, but will be subject to search.
- Any restricted or oversized items will be turned away at all entry points.
The perimeter will now have fence lines and there will only be four entrances. Be aware that the side paths that have been used for years will be closed off with fencing for the protection of everyone involved.
1) JFK Drive and Transverse Drive
2) Fulton Street and 30th Avenue
3) JFK Drive and 36th Avenue
4) South Polo Field
HSB Detailed Map + Entrances
2019 Artist Highlights
- Friday: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Kronos Quartet’s Music For Change: Pete Seeger, & The Milk Carton Kids
- Saturday: Calexico And Iron & Wine, Hot Buttered Rum, The New Pornographers, Robert Earl Keen, Robert Plant, & Steve Earle & The Dukes
- Sunday: Emmylou Harris, Fantastic Negrito, Jackie Greene, Michael Nesmith, Kurt Vile And The Violators, Meat Puppets, & Punch Brothers
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Live Music
, Monthly Top 10 Preview - October
, San Francisco
, San FranFREEsco
, Top Annual Events
Address: John F. Kennedy Drive and Transverse Drive, San Francisco, CA