Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Live Music, Monthly Top 10 Preview - October, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Top Annual Events
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2018: Friday | Golden Gate Park
Submitted by the Event Organizer
2018 brings San Francisco the 18th annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
festival, one of the largest, free-est and beloved music festivals in the country. Be one of over 750,000 attendees over the three-day musical extravaganza
in beautiful Golden Gate Park.
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2018
Three days, six stages, 80 artists
Friday-Sunday, Oct. 5, Oct. 6 and Oct. 7, 2018
– The meadows typically open at 10 am each day.
Hellman Hollow, Lindley & Marx meadows in Golden Gate Park
- Friday – Patty Griffen (2.55p), Mavis Staples (4:15p), Alison Kraus (5:45p), Trampled by Turtles (5:45p)
- Saturday – Gomez (2:10p), Don Was (3p), Los Lobos (4p), Graham Nash (5p), Steve Earle (5:45p), Jeff Tweedy (5:45p), Ani DiFranco (6p)
- Sunday – Vetiver (11a), Peter Rowan (12:30p), Tim O’Brien (2:05p), Robyn Hitchcock (3:40p), Booker T. Stax Revue (3:50p), Deer Tick (4:45p), Emmylou Harris (5:45p), Ween (5:50p)
Also check out….
- Live From Here with Chris Thile (Friday, 4:10p) – this is something completely new and different for HSB. Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac is one of the special guests.
- Robert Finley (Sunday, 2:10p) – just LOOK at that bad ass top photo on his website. Need we say more?
- Songcatching Hazel – (Sunday, 2:30p) Ismay is Avery Hellman (Warren & Chris Hellman’s granddaughter), and she has such a lovely voice and will play tribute to Hazel Dickens.
- Raise Your Voice (Sunday, 3:10p) – Little Village Foundation and these amazing students are doing incredible work. They’re erform their music in the Park the very same day that the album is going to be released.
Friday, October 5 (Noon to 7pm)
Saturday, October 6 (11am to 7pm)
Sunday, October 7 (11am to 7pm)
“This is the great gift of Warren Hellman, the one and only, to not only the City of San Francisco but the world of music.” ~SF Chronicle
“Things You Must Do In The Bay Area Before You Die: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass” ~SF Gate
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Live Music
, Monthly Top 10 Preview - October
, San Francisco
, San FranFREEsco
, Top Annual Events
Address: John F. Kennedy Drive and Transverse Drive, San Francisco, CA