“Sunday Streets” Huge Block Party | Mission Dist.
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission District | Valencia St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Sunday, July 14, 2019
“Sunday Streets 2019” Street Festival & Block Party | SF
On July 14, Sunday Streets returns to the sunny Mission district for a second round of car-free streets. From Duboce Ave to 26th St., Valencia Street transforms into to an open community space for all to enjoy.
Enjoy 1.5+ miles of car-free community space for you and your neighborhood to enjoy. Walk, dance, skate, bike, play, and explore the whole route while taking in live music, education and professional development resources, blood pressure screenings, food demos and more.
Check out two Activity Hubs at 24th and 16th Streets and over a mile of open space with an outdoor lounge, interactive art projects, free scooter and bike rentals and plenty of live music and dance.
16th St. Hub:
– Giant Lego Build with DCYF
– Dance with DJ Max Kim
– Games with SF Parks Alliance
– Mission Housing Play Streets Pop-Up
– Pet Adoptions with Finding a Best Friend Rescue
– Tightrope walking from SF Circus Center
– Mobile Rec Climbing Wall
– Reptile Petting Zoo with Tree Frog Treks
- Make-Your-Own-Antenna Station
- Bee-friendly Tea
- Costume Contest: Come as your favorite pollinator. Costume Contest begins at 12:30 pm.
- Learn how to help sustain honey bees, butterflies and other important pollinators within the city
– ABÁDA Capoeira San Francisco
24th St. Hub:
– Free Bike and Scooter Rentals from Skip, Lime, Ford GoBike and JUMP
– Live Music Stage with Ahoolie Foundation Frontera Collection, Chavalos de Aquí y Allá, Club Anywhere, FatChanceBellyDance, Felipe Y Las Estrallas Del Mar, Psyvera, San Francisco Rock Project, & San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion
Categories: *Top Pick*, Block Party, Fun & Games, Funcheap Presents, Kids & Families