“Sunday Streets” Huge Block Party | Mission
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission District | Valencia St., San Francisco, CA
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Sunday Streets 2018: San Francisco’s Street Festival & Block Party
The Mission’s vibrant Valencia Street is host to Sunday Streets’ most popular route. Sunday’s fun begins at 11:00 with an opening procession beginning at 26th and Valencia. Local Brazilian percussion group Batala San Francisco will help lead the party with Bicis Del Pueblo and others – all are welcome to participate in the rolling celebration.
Sunday Streets Highlights
- Batala will join Abadá Capoeira for some Rio-inspired fun in the Arts and Culture connection starting at 12:00pm at 21st and Valencia Street.
- At the Bike Rack located between 14th and 15th Street, participants can hop on a 30-or 60-minute bike ride for free with Bay Area Bike Share and The New Wheel, grab a free tune up by Sports Basement, Pedal Revolution and PODER SF or get their tikes off training wheels at SF Bicycle Coalition’s Freedom From Training Wheels.
- The Health and Fitness Track between 24th and 26th Street features free food and drinks from Bi-Rite Market, Bai, Clif Bar, and Imperfect Produce.
- First Derm will be on hand to provide free sunscreen and skin checks.
- At 14th Street, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency will feature a new 40’ Muni bus open for exploration.
- BackSpace Mobile and Slowpoke Acupuncture will bring the wellness game to the zone with free mini massage and acupuncture sessions.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Block Party