Conservatory Lighting and Free Summer Solstice Concert | Golden Gate Park
San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers | 100 John F. Kennedy Dr., San Francisco, CA
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Illumination: Summer Light Art in the Park | Golden Gate Park
Put some flowers in your hair and come celebrate the start of summer with an amazing night of music in Golden Gate Park at the iconic Conservatory of Flowers.
The City will revel in another free concert in the Park and as the longest day of the year slides into night, the Conservatory welcomes back the Summer of Love light art installation which launched in 2017.
Photosynthesis transforms the Conservatory into a canvas of colorful light art every night. The concert will revisit iconic songs of 1968 featuring legendary artists alongside new bright talents in the Bay Area music scene.
The flower-powered celebration is free and open to all ages. A variety of food trucks from Off the Grid will be available, as well.
– Please take public transportation to the event. The closest MUNI bus to the event is the 5 Fulton at Fulton Street and 6th Ave.
– Street closures – JFK Drive, Nancy Pelosi Drive, Arguello at Fulton
– Event is subject to capacity, so arrive early
This will be an All-Star concert featuring musicians from legendary bands: Big Brother & The Holding Company, Sly & The Family Stone, It’s A Beautiful Day, Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia Band, New Chambers Brothers, Rat Dog, and Sons of Champlin. Along with musicians from younger San Francisco bands: ALO, Mother Hips, Con Brio, Box Set, Moonalice, Brothers Comatose, Midnight North, Cosmic Twang, Katdelic, and Tarnation.
The following items are not allowed at the event:
- No Tents, Canopies, Tables, or other structures
- No Unpermitted Vendors
- No Coolers larger than 9”x12”
- No Barbecues or cooking equipment
- No Amplified Sound Equipment
- No Generators
- No Glass
- No Backpacks larger than 9 x 12