Home » *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music
Switzerland at Pier 17 Grand Opening Open House | SF
Submitted by the Event Organizer
You’re invited to join the Consulate General of Switzerland, swissnex San Francisco, Swiss Business Hub, and Switzerland Tourism to celebrate the Grand Opening of Switzerland’s new interdisciplinary hub on the San Francisco Waterfront this September 23-25, 2016
The Grand Opening weekend hosts a series of celebratory, contemplative, and curated activities including: talks, live music, art, workshops, and a diplomatic open house.
Paired with good food, great drinks, and lively company, there will be discussions around the future of diplomacy and “Unexpected Couples” tracks will bring together thought leaders from different disciplines to examine how humans #WORK #EAT #LIVE #TALK #THINK and #SLEEP.
Switzerland at Pier 17 Grand Opening Weekend
September 23-25, 2016
Pier 17 (Embarcadero and Green – Next to The Exploratorium)
– Open House – FREE with RSVP
– Talks / Workshops / Concerts – You must request an invite by August 30th
- Friday, September 23 (evening) Opening Ceremony – By invitation only – Sorry!
- Saturday, September 24 (day) – Talks and Workshops – Request an invite
- 9am Breakfast
- 9:30am to 12:30pm Conferences on Work/Eat/Sleep/Live
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm – Workshops including The Living Workspace, Pizza Hacking, Data Stories, Intelligent matter, the future of hospitality and more
- 3:30pm – Conferences including on Artificial Intelligence
- 5pm – Closing Sessions
- 6pm – Drinks, Food & Music on the Terrace
- Saturday, September 24 (evening) – Party and Concerts – Request an invite
- 8pm – Kalabrese & the Small Rumpelorchestra (Switzerland)
- 9pm – OY (Switzerland & Berlin)
- Sunday, September 25 – Open House Tours – RSVP
- Open House from 1pm to 5pm
- View the “Soft Form” Exhibit
- Behind the scene tours start on the hour at 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm. – Location: Meet at the entrance to the Consulate General of Switzerland, Pier 17, Suite 600
Conversations from the weekend will feed into a month-long interactive exhibition, open to the public through October. The festival closes with behind the scene tours of the four organizations anchoring Switzerland at Pier 17: Consulate General of Switzerland, swissnex San Francisco, Swiss Business Hub, and Switzerland Tourism.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Lectures & Workshops
, Live Music
Address: Pier 17, San Francisco, CA