Home » East Bay, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music
Ukulele Love-In: Concert, Lessons & Group Sing-A-Long | Oakland
Every 2nd Sunday Through August 6th.
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Please note that as of July 2014 this event may not still be taking place. We’re trying to get in contact with the event organizers to confirm details.
Ukulele fans will gather in the friendly neighborhood cafe setting of Oakleyville’s Actual Cafe on the second Sunday of every month for a concert, sing-a-long, and lessons.
- Group Lesson (5 pm): Learn more about this fantastic little instrument with a group lesson from a guest teacher each month
- Ukulele Concert (6 pm): Enjoy feature performances with uke-centric performers
- Sing-a-long (7 pm): Rejoice in group ukuleling with a big ol uke play and singalong and grow an Actual Ukulele Songbook.
You do not need to be a ukulele player or even a ukulele enthusiast, but you may be when you leave the Ukulele Love-In. Come one, come all, have a beverage, enjoy the happiest sounding instrument to be made from some hardwood and nylon strings, and be merry.
Second Sundays | 5-8 pm
Actual Cafe, Oakland
$5-$10 sliding scale
- Your heart
- Ukuleles if you got ’em
- Sliding scale $5-10 contribution to pay the featured performers and the guest teacher
- Songs to add to the songbook. Please keep songs to 2 single-sided pages maximum and be sure to include both lyrics & chords
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Sliding scale $5-$10
Categories: East Bay
, Lectures & Workshops
, Live Music
Address: 6334 San Pablo Ave, Oakland, CA