SF’s Filipino Night Market “Undiscovered” | October 2018
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
401 Minna St. (SF) | 401 Minna St, San Francisco, CA 94103-2903
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Inspired by the vibrant night markets of Asia, Undiscovered is a free monthly music and food festival and curated collection of emerging artists and merchants that celebrate the rich cultural heritage of SF’s new SOMA Pilipinas Cultural District.
October 2018: Celebrate Filipino American History Month at UNDSCVRD in October, featuring an all Pinay musical lineup they call, Pinay Power. Plus there will be a Filipino Silent Cinema, free popcorn, a Pilipino Komiks Photobooth and more.
Every third Saturday of the month, enjoy a curated selection of local artisans, 3rd wave food vendors, live music/dance performances, and flavor each month. For 2018, it’s at a brand new location – 401 Minna Street. Admission is free and open to the public, but there’s a suggested donation of $5 to help keep the event running smoothly.
Undiscovered Filipino Night Market
Saturday, October 20, 2018 | 4 to 10 pm
401 Minna St. (at 5th St.)
FREE with suggested donation of $5 – RSVP on Eventbrite
First 250 people who RSVP and check in at event will receive free limited edition UNDSCVRD button
RSVP does not guarantee entry. Admission is first come, first served. Early arrival is suggested. Capacity is expected.
- Outdoor Food Festival – Enjoy the 3rd wave of Filipino food vendors and beyond from the Bay Area.
- Main Stage – Live music and performances from Filipino and Fil-Am artists who are blowing up the underground from the Bay to LA and beyond.
- Creative Retail/Exhibits – Experience a Filipino inspired bazaar like no other featuring artisan merchants, SOMA history exhibits, and more.
- Community Pavilion – A family/community friendly area with arts & crafts, bubbles, Lego build area, e-sports video games, karaoke, mahjong, and more.
- Three Full Bars – 21+ get to enjoy full bar showcasing craft beers and creative cocktails from the best mixologists in the Bay.
October 2018 Music, Food & Activities
Pinay Power. This month features special performances and collaborations from rising Pinay artists ranging from hip-hop and rap to neo-soul, R&B, and more.
- RUBY IBARRA: Rising star, Bay Area rapper known for her honest lyricism and sharp beats
- ROCKY RIVERA: Hip-hop artist and activist using music to rally the masses and bring attention to issues of social justice
- FAITH SANTILLA: Award-winning poet, spoken word artist, and community organizer
- KLASSY: Los Angeles-based, Philippine-born rapper with a hip-hop influence
- TRACY CRUZ: Neo-soul vocal powerhouse with an urban, R&B influence
- ASTRALOGIK: Spiritual soul duo whose music seeks to empower social change, awareness, and healing
- AMIHAN REDONDIEZ: Spoken word artist with a passion for social justice
- DJ UMAMI: Rotating DJ for the Golden State Warriors and Nike
- DJ KING MARIE: Chicago-based DJ & influencer with a unique blend of Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae beats
- DJ ZITA: Legendary DJ and member of the DJ duo Golden Soundscapes
Experience a Filipino inspired bazaar like no other featuring the best 3rd Wave Filipino Food vendors, artisan merchants, SOMA history exhibits, and more plus live DJ performances in the Flower Lounge
- Binka Bites – Binka Bites is made of fun & exotic ingredients, such as coconut and rice flour, inspired by a tropical holiday pastry from the exotic Philippine islands called Bibingka (pronounced as bee-beeng-kah).
- Jeepney Guy – Specializing in Filipino Lechon, slow roasted boneless pork belly with crispy skin.
- Mestiza – Filipino and Mexican inspired cuisine.
- Sweet Cheesus Cakes – A food truck specializing in Raclette, a delicious cheese that is melted and served over various items.
- Masarap Food Truck – Serving hot sizzling authentic Filipino food and delicacies.
- Barya Kitchen – The word Barya, in Tagalog means, “loose change,” which is a reflection of this modern Filipino food pop-up: accessible while maintaining a high level of sophistication.
- Adobos N More – Farm-to-table Filipino Food sourced from Sonoma County.
- Sarap Shop – Filipino flavors every-vore can fall in love with.
- Happy Dumplings – Shandong-style jiaozi dumplings made-to-order, with a thicker, hand-rolled wrapper filled with ground pork, chicken and veggies, and pan-fried to perfection.
- JT Restaurant – Traditional Filipino cuisine made with love.
- Oodaalolly – Small batch chocolates made with cacao from the Philippines using Swiss techniques.
- Filipino Food Movement – The organization whose mission is to bring Filipino Food into the mainstream is coming with some savory surprises.
- Lumpia Company – Specializing in Filipino style Egg-Rolls better know as Lumpia featuring flavors like The Bacon CheeseBurger, Hot Pastrami & Kale + Portobello + Sweet Potato and The Napa Valley.
Flower Lounge DJs
- DJ NuNu
3 Full Bars
Those 21+ get to enjoy full bar showcasing craft beers and creative cocktails from the best mixologists in the Bay.
A family/community friendly area with arts & crafts, bubbles, a Legos build area, e-sports video games, live entertainment and more.