“Women of the Mission” Free Community Art Stroll (SF)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
24th Street (Mission) | 24th St. and Mission St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Help salute the Mission’s inspirational female artists, community leaders and local women-owned businesses along 24th Street in the city’s Latino Cultural District corridor with an afternoon of indoor/outdoor music, dance, poetry, food and crafts. Start at the Brava Theater for an opening celebration then stroll toward Mission St. with performances along the way including samba dancing, traditional Puerto Rican music, mariachi, a tribute to the pan dulce of La Victoria Panaderia (yum!) and honor local muralists on Balmy Alley.
Saturday, March 12, 12-6 p.m., Various indoor and outdoor locations along 24th St., S.F., Free. paseoartistico.org
PASEO ARTISTICO Schedule March 12:
- 12PM- BRAVA Theater 2782 24th St (at York St.) – Opening celebration in honor of Olga Talamante with music performance by Liliana Herrera
- 12:30PM – CALLE 24 LATINO CULTURAL DISTRICT 3250 24th Street (at Capp St.) –
Honoring muralists Flavia Mora and Monica Navarro with musical performance by Community Music Center Mission District Young Musicians Program (MDYMP)
- 1PM – LA VICTORIA PANADERIA 3249 24th Street (at Capp St) – Honoring business owner Laura Hernandez. Come enjoy some pan dulce!
- 1:30PM – SUNRISE RESTAURANT 3126 24th St (at Folsom St) – honoring business owner Alba Guerra. Come enjoy the Central American cuisine and music performance by Mariachi La Misión
- 2PM – LUZ DE LUNA 3182 24th St. (at South VanNess) – Honoring business owner Denise Gonzales. Come purchase Latin American gifts and clothing
- 2PM – EVOLVED SF 3067 24th (at Treat St) Featuring designer and jewelry maker Mission Native, print maker Thalia with special guests program Radical Monarchs SF, and music performance by Maya Canales
- 2:30PM – DANCE MISSION 3316 24th St.- featuring a mural by Susie Lundy with dance performance by Andreina Maldonado
- 3PM – BALMY ALLEY at 24th St. – Honoring MUJERES MURALISTAS featuring the murals of Irene Perez and Precita Eyes Founder Susan Cervantes, and Lucia Gonzales Ippolito with performances by poets Olivia Peña, Josiah Luis, and Princeso
- 3:30PM – BALMY ALLEY at 24th Street – Honoring company director and dancer Metzi Henriquez with Brazilian music and dance performance by Fogo Na Roupa
- 4PM – MISSION CULTURAL CENTER 2868 Mission St. – Honoring Jennie Rodriguez with Taller Bombalele and Maria Medina
- 5PM – MEDICINE FOR NIGHTMARES 3036 24th St. – Platica Talk about Mural Restoration for “Mission Makeover” Mural with Lucia Gonzales Ippolito
- 6PM – End
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Kids & Families, Literature, Live Music, Outdoors, Political Activism, Shopping & Fashion, Theater & Performance, Walks & Tours