Yodeling Day: Free Yodel-le-he-hoo Showcase & Yodeling Tips | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Presidio Middle School | 450 30th Ave, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Be treated to mini-sets by our posse of local yodeling luminaries. And while this is not a “learn to yodel” workshop, we may glean some tips from our panel of experts. We should have time for a few yodel-alongs, as well.
So come prepared to just listen, sing along, or lead a favorite of your own.
A Cavalcade of Yodelers and Fauxdelers
Saturday, June 8, 2013, 3:00pm
Music 4 – Room #330
Featured yodelers will include
- Jeanie Poling, the Bay Area’s sweetest-voiced honky-tonk angel, of Jeanie and Chuck’s Country Roundup (Jeanie and Chuck perform on Sunday at 4:00 on the Woody Guthrie Stage);
- Legendary Lonesome Chuck Wheeler, who can croon a cowboy song like none other;
- Toshio Hirano, known for his fine renditions of the songs of Jimmie Rodgers (Toshio and Mountain Dojo will perform on Sunday at 4:40 in the Pete Seeger Room);
- Mylos Sonka, Western Swing Hall of Famer and bandleader of the hot and swinging cow-jazz dance band, the Lonestar Retrobates;
- Emily Bonn, featured singer of the Retrobates and leader of her own American roots-oriented band, Emily Bonn and the Vivants.
The event is part of the 2013 SF Free Folk Festival (June 8-9)