East Bay Open Studios 2012
During the first two weekends in June, the 2012 East Bay Open Studios connects the public with over 400 artists in 14 cities in the East Bay. Since 1979, this event remains the largest art event in the region and draws an annual audience over 50,000.
East Bay Open Studios Weekend I
Saturday-Sunday, June 2 & 3, 2012, (11 – 6pm)
East Bay Open Studios Weekend II
Saturday-Sunday, June 9 & 10, 2012, (11 – 6pm)
How to plan your studio tour:
- Pick up a copy of the Directory of East Bay Arts, the event publication that profiles participating artists and includes maps, an East Bay Arts Index of local arts organizations, galleries, venues and artist groups, and the 12 month East Bay Arts Calendar. Directories are available at Pro Arts and are distributed in the East Bay Express, first week in June
- Go to the Preview Exhibition that showcases artwork from each of the over 400 participating artists.
- Pick-up Artists’ invitations and announcements.
- Attend Open Studios Events
- Follow open studio street signs and banners on event days, or take a curator’s tour
- Log on to the Pro Arts Online Gallery for all your 2012 East Bay Open Studios information, listings, maps and more. Each participating artist has a fully searchable personalized webpage with image gallery
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Art & Museums, East Bay Submitted by Kelsey Bryant