2014 Italian Festival “Festa Coloniale Italiana” | North Beach
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Italian Athletic Club | 1630 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
The SF Italian Athletic Club once again welcomes the Bay Area to North Beach for the annual Festa Coloniale Italiana from 11 am to 6 pm on Saturday, September 13, 2014, to celebrate the rich Italian and Italian-American heritage that has existed in San Francisco for generations.
Along Stockton St., between Union and Filbert streets, there will be continuous live Italian music, plenty of beer, wine, and Italian food for sale, plus competitions like the annual Pizza Toss with 11-time world pizza-throwing champion Tony Gemignani.
Vendors will be selling Italian-related products. Inside, the club’s main ballroom will be transformed into an Italian piazza complete with a fountain and live music.
2014 Festa Coloniale Italiana
Saturday, September 13, 2014 | 11 am to 6 pm
Stockton St (btwn. Union and Filbert), North Beach, SF
The 2014 musical headliner is Italian tenor Moreno Fruzzetti. Moreno, who was born in Pisa and now lives in New Jersey, is a great showman and exceptional vocalist who pays homage to the storied Italian songs of the past to the present.
2014 Entertainment Schedule
- 11 am: Il Sole - Italian music fused with jazz and world rhythms have brought them international acclaim and features Steve Albini
- Noon: Speakers
- 12:30 pm: Pizza Toss with 11-time world pizza-throwing champion Tony Gemignani.
- 1 pm: Bella Ciao - Multi-Grammy nominated Italian-American band (which includes SFIAC Club members Tom Torriglia)
- 1:45 pm: Ricco Dancers, featuring Toni Bava, who will be delighting the audience with authentic tarantellas, mazurkas, Italian waltzes and more
- 2 pm: Moreno Fruzzetti - Italian tenor
- 3 pm: Il Sole
- 3:45 pm: Ricco Dancers
- 4 pm: Moreno Fruzzetti
- 5 pm: Bella Ciao
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Block Party, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco