San Francisco Fireworks: 4th of July | 2012
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Pier 39 | Pier 39, The Embarcadero, San Francisco CA
When the sun goes down (and if the fog stays away), visitors will be treated to The City of San Francisco’s spectacular fireworks display over the Bay – you’ll get a great view if the fog stays away.
2012 July 4th Entertainment
Fisherman’s Wharf, Aquatic Park, Ghirardelli Sq.
- 12:00 – 3:00 PM Ghirardelli Square Kick back with Eric Bolvin Dou, smooth Jazz
- 2:00 – 4:30 PM PIER 39 Mobility, the Air Force Band, takes the stage
- 2:00 – 5:45 PM Aquatic Park DJ Consuelo delivers a mix of sounds
- 3:00 – 6:00 PM Ghirardelli Square Enjoy bluegrass music by the Brough Brothers
- 6:00 – 9:00 PM PIER 39 Tainted Love plays favorites from the 80′s
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM Aquatic Park Zoo Station a U2 tribute band performs
- 7:45 – 9:15 PM Aquatic Park Rock out to sounds of the 80’s and 90’s with LOVE FOOL
- 9:30pm: FIREWORKS: Look to the sky as The City of San Francisco presents a spectacular fireworks display over San Francisco Bay, followed by DJ Scotty Fox
San Francisco Fireworks – Best Viewing Locations
At 9:30 pm the Fourth of July Fireworks show launches from the foot of Municipal Pier and from barges north of Pier 39. If you can’t make it to Aquatic Park, other good viewing locations are all along the waterfront, Coit Tower, Aquatic Park, the Cannery, Ghirardelli Square.
Getting to the Fireworks: Because many muni lines will be rerouted due to large crowds in the Fisherman’s Wharf Area, Starting at 2 p.m., the SFMTA will provide pre-event bus shuttles to Pier 39 and Van Ness Avenue and Chestnut via Van Ness Avenue. Regular muni fares apply.
2012 Shuttle Pick Up Points:
- Caltrain station at 4th and King Streets
- Ferry Building
- Van Ness & Market
There is also regular muni service to Fisherman’s Wharf from Caltrain, the Ferry Building and Van Ness and Market and new for 2012 a 47L Van Ness Limited special bus service between Van Ness Avenue and Chestnut Street and the Civic Center Muni/BART Station. Pre-event service will start from Grove and Hyde streets, stop at Market and Van Ness and then proceed to Chestnut Street via Van Ness Avenue..
2012 Return shuttle staging areas
Return shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. at two staging areas after the fireworks display until 11:30 p.m.
- The Embarcadero and Bay for service to the Ferry Building and Caltrain station
- Francisco and Polk for service to Van Ness and Market (47L Van Ness Limited)
Following the 2012 fireworks show in San Francisco, the first special train will depart from the San Francisco station at 11:15 p.m., or when full, and express to San Carlos, and then make all local weekend stops to the San Jose Diridon station.
Two other special trains will leave at 11:30 p.m. and 12:01 a.m., respectively, and make all local weekend stops to San Jose Diridon. The last regularly scheduled train will depart at 9:15 p.m. and make all local weekend stops to San Jose Diridon.
Unfortunately there’s no booze allowed on trains from San Francisco after 9pm
For more Caltrain info: caltrain.com/riderinfo/specialevents/fourthofjulyfireworksspecials.html
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
4th of July 2012, Aquatic Park, Fireworks, Fisherman's Wharf, Fourth of July 2012, Free
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Recurring – Annual - July, San Francisco