Walk to Work Day 2017: Free Coffee & Free Breakfast Snacks | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
All Over San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
San Francisco was the nation’s first city to officially launch Walk to Work Day – walking just 15 minutes of your commute counts and your efforts be rewarded with some free goodies.
Be a part of this fun and festive day of encouragement celebrating the most healthy, sustainable form of transportation: walking.
Walk to Work Day | San Francisco
Thursday, April 6, 2017 | 7:30-10:30 am
All over San Francisco
Each April, Walk San Francisco hosts Walk to Work Day, a fun and festive day of encouragement celebrating the most healthy, sustainable form of transportation: walking.
People who live and/or work in San Francisco are encouraged to walk just 15 minutes of their daily commute (whether traveling to work, school, church, temple, or shops).
On Walk to Work Day, get rewarded at one of the hosted “Hubs” across the city, where you can enjoy free giveaways including safety lights, backpacks, coffee, or breakfast snacks. Plus, join as a Walk SF member for a limited edition “I Walk SF” t-shirt.
You can also compete for the “Longest Walking Commute,” the “Most Interesting Sight,” and the “Best Shoe Bling” contests for great prizes from Whole Foods, Ritual Coffee, Public Bikes, Sports Basement and more.
Power Up at 2017 Walk to Work Day Hubs
All participants receive a FREE backpack, “I Walk SF” sticker, and/or coffee and snacks (supplies vary by Hub). New or renewing members can also get a limited-edition “I Walk SF” t-shirt, HALO Belt and Walker’s Map of San Francisco, valid Thursday, April 6 , 2017 only. Hubs will be located at:
- Whole Foods Market (Castro) – 2001 Market Street at Dolores (7:30 to 10:00 a.m.)
- Ritual Coffee – Octavia Street at Hayes (7:30 to 10:00 a.m.)
- SF Municipal Transportation Agency – 1 South Van Ness at Market (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- San Francisco Federal Building – Honey Bistro, 7th and Mission (7:30 to 10:00 a.m.)
- American Conservatory Theater – The Strand Cafe, 1127 Market St. between 7th & 8th (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- Chinatown CDC – 663 Clay St, between Kearny & Montgomery (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- SF Public Works – Peet’s Coffee, Mechanic’s Plaza, Market and 1st (7:30 to 10:00 a.m.)
- Golden State Warriors – Réveille Coffee, 1601 Lane Street at Revere (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- Bayview YMCA– 1601 Lane Street at Revere (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- SF Recreation & Parks – Justin Herman Plaza, 1 Market Street (7:30 to 9:00 a.m.)
- Google – The Embarcadero & Folsom (8:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
Compete for Walk to Work Day contests or enter to win one of the random prize drawings from local SF businesses including indosole, HALO Belt, Alamo Drafthouse, Ritual Coffee, and Honey Bistro, as well as Duvel and Whole Foods Market.
- Longest Walking Commute – share the total distance you travel by foot on April 6
- Most Interesting Sight – post images you see on your walk commute on April 6
- Best Shoe Bling – post images of your shoes from your walk commute on April 6
- Golden Millipede – tally the number of employees at your organization who walked at least 15 minutes on April 6; email your total by noon to firstname.lastname@example.org, or log your walk by noon at http://bit.ly/W2WDTally