2014 Blazing Hot Firefighter & Celebrity Chef Contest | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Butterfly | Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The third annual Blazing Hot Firefighter Competition charity event turns up the heat in San Francisco where firefighters and celebrity chefs will team up in a contest to create the Bay’s best slider.
This annual event brings together firefighters, local celebrities, and popular chefs while raising money for firefighters and their families.
2014 Blazing Hot Firefighter & Celebrity Chef Contest
Saturday, April 12, 2014 | 11 am to 2 pm
Butterfly Restaurant, Pier 33 , SF
FREE, but donations are graciously accepted
In 2014, Liam Mayclem, host of KPIX-TV’s Eye on the Bay and KCBS Radio’s Foodie Chap will emcee the event for the third year.
Competing firefighters include:
- Firefighter Danny Garcia – San Francisco Fire Department
- Firefighter and Paramedic Sean Lanthier – Palo Alto Fire Department
- Returning Champion, Engineer James Brunson – Vallejo Fire Department
- Firefighter and Paramedic William Douglas – Oakland Fire Department
Celebrity Chefs participating include:
- Rob Lam, Butterfly Restaurant
- Gaston Alfaro, Half Moon Brewing Company
- David Lawrence, 1300 on Fillmore
- Kathy Fang, Fang Restaurant
Chefs and community leaders have been invited to judge the event. The panel of judges includes:
- Paige Meyer, Fire Chief of the San Ramon Fire Department
- Harry Crusberg Jr., Owner of Firefighter Insurance Services (FIS)
- Tamara Palmer, Zagat
- Hoss Zare, Owners of Flytrap