2014 Season Kick-Off: Free Lunchtime R&B Concert | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland City Center (12th Street) | 500 12th Street, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
“Summer Sounds” Free Lunchtime Concert | Oakland
Come down to Oakland’s City Center for free concerts in the spring and summer outside the 12th Street Oakland City Center BART station starting June 26th.
The concert series give a little taste of everything, from Motown and folk to classic and jazz bands and they typically take place from noon to 1 pm — perfect for the 9-to-5 crowd in downtown Oakland.
2019 Free Lunchtime Concert Lineup:
- June 5th – The Afro Cuban Jazz Cartel
- June 26th: Sabor De Mi Cuba (cuban/rumba/salsa)
- July 10th: The Revtones (Rockabilly)
- July 17th: The Party Starters (Variety Band)
- July 24th: The 415s (Variety Band)
- July 31st: Pure Ecstasy (Motown)
- August 7th: Tom Rigney & Flambeau (Cajun Zydeco)
- August 14th: Patron Latin Rhythms (Latin Jazz/Rock)
- August 21st: Honor Brass Band (Nola Brass)
- August 28th: Soul Mechanix (Funk)
Please note that the 2019 concert lineup has been updated by the promoter of this event.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
R&B Harmonies | “Summer Sounds” Free Lunchtime Concert | Oakland
Pure Ecstacy are seasoned pros who know how to get a party started. The group is fronted by a talented trio of men who infuse your favorite soul, jazz and R&B songs with super-tight harmonies.
Imagine the Tempts or the ‘Tops fronting an all-star soul revue band and performing a collection of the classics from past 40 years, and you’ve got an idea of the crowd-pleasing sound of Pure Ecstasy.
From 9 am to 2 pm, you can also give blood and receive a free Giants tshirt.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, East Bay, Live Music