2019 Indie Bookstore Day: Facepainting & Drag Queen Story Hour | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Green Apple Books on the Park | 1231 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Independent Book Store Day 2020
On Saturday, celebrate Independent Bookstore Day from 10 am to 10 pm. Featuring, indie-exclusive books and merch, there will also have:
- 10 am-noon Facepainting from bookseller Casey
- 11 am Drag Queen Story Hour with Lady Valentine
- Noon TARTINE will be joining us for an in-store bakery pop-up! Delicious (While supplies last)
- 2 pm-4 pm TAROT CARD READING from Lou Reads
- 4 pm Music from artist Josiah Johnson
- 7 pm A celebration of Bay Are cuisine with complimentary snacks and drinks. Laura Smith Borrman (author of Iconic San Francisco Dishes, Drinks & Desserts), Monika Trobits (author of Bay Area Coffee: A Stimulating History ), and Shanna Farrell (author of Bay Area Cocktails: A History of Culture, Community and Craft ) join as they discuss their works and to share some iconic Bay Area fares.
There will also have Blind Date with a Book Books from the Future Button Making and Roaming Photobooth Hourly Raffles Local Writes Display.
There will still have additional activities to the schedule, so check back for the latest details.
Categories: **Annual Event**, Eating & Drinking, Free Food, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Literature, San Francisco