4th of July 2018 Parking Rules in SF | How Not to Get a Ticket
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
All Over San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
If you’ve got a car in San Francisco you’re already paying a crapload in insurance, your dents have dents, you have to suffer through critical mass and people hating on you for ruining the planet.
And if that wasn’t enough… there’s the insanely complex, nearly impossible to decipher conflicting parking signs and rules.
Thankfully the city of San Francisco is going to reward you with a ticket-free day of parking… sort of…
4th of July 2018 Parking Rules Overview:
FREE PARKING (i.e. Not Enforced)
- Street Sweeping: Not enforced (M-F street sweeping that is… the few streets that have 7-day street sweeping – like Market Street – will still be enforced)
- M-F Residential Permit Parking: Not enforced
- Commuter Towaway: Not enforced
But please note:
– Hazards are always subject to tickets and towing
– Posted 1-2 hour parking time limit areas and Night-Time Seven-Day-a-Week Street Sweeping (such as Market Street) will be enforced.
– Meter customers are advised to check parking meters to verify enforcement time limits and amounts.
- Parking Meters: Enforced city-wide – yes, even on Fourth of July. Like all days, you are allowed to park at a broken meter, but the posted time limit still applies.
The only holidays where parking meters aren’t enforced in 2018 is Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day .
- Red Zone: Enforced
- Blue Zone: Enforced (Handicap)
- Green Zone: Enforced (short term parking – usually 10 mins Monday-Saturday 10 am to 6 pm)
- Yellow Curbs: Commercial loading & unloading parking zones are enforced, but there’s no tow-away (you can still get a ticket)
- White Zone: Passenger loading zones are enforced (5 minute limit), but only while the business (and some apartment buildings) is open. If the business that paid for the zone(usually the one right in front of the white zone) is closed, it’s free parking. (Beware: some businesses are 24 hours even though they may look closed. Our parking enforcement source recommends you find a security guard for the building and ask.)
- Posted 1-2 hour parking limits: Enforced
- 7 Day a Week Street Sweeping: Everyday street sweeping such as along Market Street is still enforced, even on holidays.
Tags: Free, Parking
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, 4th of July, San Francisco