2019 Moving Day: Yoga, Tango & Parkinson’s Awareness | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Embarcadero Plaza | 1 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Francisco’s 2019 Moving Day showcases the vibrant community of Bay Area patients, caregivers, family members, and friends coming together for a day of fitness activities, information and kids’ fun in Embarcadero Plaza on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Free, but on-site registration is required (starts at 9 am). There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day San Francisco. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- Local and National Sponsors – Meet with our National and Local Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Movement Pavilion Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies emceed by Vern Glenn, local sportscaster from KPIX, Movement demos, and the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by DJ Raid.
- Top Teams and Fundraiser tent – A special area for our VIP teams and top fundraisers and All Star Movers. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Refreshments & Kids Zone – Activities for the younger set including a visit by The Bubble Man and face painting.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.